Grading & Trials for Essendon Royals for Season 2019
Don't miss out to join Essendon Royals. Grading & Trials will be held from September 24 until October 12 2018.
Age group schedule will be sent to members and expressions of interest and posted on our Website and Social Media in the near future.
Who needs to grade?
- Any returning Royals player who wants to move to a higher graded team
- Any current Kangaroo or A-Graded Royals player who wants to retain their place in their current grade
- Any new player who wishes to join Essendon Royals
- Returning players who are asked to re-grade by the club
What must I do to be included in grading?
You need to fill in an expression of interest whether you are a new or returning player.
The 3 Week Process
- Week 1 will involve only new players
- Week 2 any player wishing to move up to a Kangaroo or A-Graded team from Royals will need to participate. Selected players from Week 1 will also need to participate.
- Week 3 current Kangaroo or A-Graded players and selected Week 1 and Week 2 players will be assessed
Membership offers and Squad Announcements
- All existing Royals members will be offered spots in the club to return. (regardless of whether they have chosen to grade.)
- Places are limited. Only players who pay a membership deposit are guaranteed a spot in the club in 2019. The date required to pay deposits will be released by the club soon.
- New players will be offered a place in the club regardless of grading if there is space in projected teams. Membership will only be guaranteed when a deposit and new member fee are paid.
- Training squads will be announced at a later date and the club will announce final teams during official preseason.
Future Grading and Trials
Depending on player intake, the club will decide at a later date if further grading and trial sessions will be held.