Essendon Royals is offering the Aldi Mini-Roos Kick Off Program for kids who are starting out in football.
This program is for 4-9 year old participants who are not part of our Team Program.
Term 4 will be held on the following dates:
- Monday Program: 8 October to 3 December 2018 (no session on Monday prior to Cup Day Nov 5)
- Saturday Program: 13 October to 8 December 2018 (no session on Saturday Cup Weekend Nov 3)
Due to development work at Cross Key Reserve the program will be held at Strathmore North Primary School on Mascoma Street in Strathmore.
Program runs for 8 sessions (over 9 weeks)
Cost of the program:
- New Aldi Mini-Roos registrations $170
- Returning Aldi Mini-Roos $120
To register for a program click one of the buttons below:
Note that New Participants on Saturday and Monday will receive an Aldi Mini-Roos Participant pack with a bag, ball and shin pads.
Essendon Royals Academy uniform
- Current participants with the program do not need to purchase new apparel
- New participants can purchase apparel from our store. Note that depending on when you purchase there can be a delay in supply.
What is provided
- Essendon Royals Jacket
- Academy Shirt, Shorts and Socks
Cost is $50 and includes Essendon Royals members and preferential entry to the club for 2019.
What is Kick Off?
Created by the Football Federation Australia (FFA), Kick-Off uses short, game-based sessions to provide young newcomers to the game with a fun and, most importantly, an inclusive opportunity try their hand at the world's favourite game. Essendon Royals is an accredited MiniRoos Kick-Off site.
For enquiries about the Royals MiniRoos Kick-Off program, please contact our Kick-Off Program Co-ordinator.
- A fun, safe sport taught in a friendly environment for children aged between 4 and 9.
- Weekly 45 minute sessions that build skills through games and simple drills delivered in an engaging and inclusive environment.
- Every player gets plenty of time on the ball and the prime aim of each session is for children to build fundamental motor skills.
- Each child also receives an ALDI MiniRoos Participant Pack when they register – which includes a bag, ball, and a water bottle.
Benefits of Kick Off
- Make new friends and develop social skills.
- Develop values of teamwork, co-operation, fair play, and respect for others.
- Develop a child's ability to make quick decisions and improve reaction time.
- Keep healthy by getting active.